Effective Date 10/23/2013
Ravenswood Title Company, LLC and its subsidiaries (“RTC”) respect the privacy and security of your non-public personal information (“Personal Information”) and protecting your Personal Information is one of our top priorities. This Privacy Statement explains RTC’s privacy practices, including how we use the Personal Information we receive from you and from other specified sources, and to whom it may be disclosed. RTC follows the privacy practices described in this Privacy Statement and, depending on the business performed, RTC companies may share information as described herein.
Personal Information Collected
We may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
• Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, tax identification number, asset information, and income information;
• Information we receive from you through our Internet websites, such as your name, address, email address, Internet Protocol address, the website links you used to get to our websites, and your activity while using or reviewing our websites;
• Information about your transactions with or services performed by us, our affiliates, or others, such as information concerning your policy, premiums, payment history, information about your home or other real property, information from lenders and other third parties involved in such transaction, account balances, and credit card information; and
• Information we receive from consumer or other reporting agencies and publicly recorded documents.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) to various individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization. Such laws do not allow consumers to restrict these disclosures. Disclosures may include, without limitation, the following:
• To insurance agents, brokers, representatives, support organizations, or others to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure in connection with an insurance transaction;
• To third-party contractors or service providers for the purpose of determining your eligibility for an insurance benefit or payment and/or providing you with services you have requested;
• To an insurance regulatory authority, or a law enforcement or other governmental authority, in a civil action, in connection with a subpoena or a governmental investigation;
• To companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements and/or
• To lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an encumbrance or an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid or released prior to a title or escrow closing.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to others when we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or to protect the safety of our customers, employees, or property and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
Disclosure to Affiliated Companies – We are permitted by law to share your name, address and facts about your transaction with other RTC companies, such as insurance companies, agents, and other real estate service providers to provide you with services you have requested, for marketing or product development research, or to market products or services to you. We do not, however, disclose information we collect from consumer or credit reporting agencies with our affiliates or others without your consent, in conformity with applicable law, unless such disclosure is otherwise permitted by law.
Disclosure to Nonaffiliated Third Parties – We do not disclose Personal Information about our customers or former customers to nonaffiliated third parties, except as outlined herein or as otherwise permitted by law.
Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information
We restrict access to Personal Information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard Personal Information.
Access to Personal Information/
Requests for Correction, Amendment, or Deletion of Personal Information
As required by applicable law, we will afford you the right to access your Personal Information, under certain circumstances to find out to whom your Personal Information has been disclosed, and request correction or deletion of your Personal Information. However, RTC ’s current policy is to maintain customers’ Personal Information for no less than your state’s required record retention requirements for the purpose of handling future coverage claims.
For your protection, all requests made under this section must be in writing and must include your notarized signature to establish your identity. Where permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs incurred in responding to such requests. Please send requests to:
General Manager of Ravenswood Title Company, LLC
319 W. Ontario St., Suite 200, Chicago, IL 60654
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with applicable privacy laws. When we amend this Privacy Statement, we will post a notice of such changes on our website. The effective date of this Privacy Statement, October 23, 2013, indicates the last time this Privacy Statement was revised or materially changed.
RTC respects your right to privacy. This policy summarizes what personally identifiable information we may collect through the use of our website (www.ravenswoodtitle.com) and related pages, and how we might use this information. This policy also describes other important topics relating to your privacy.
RTC only will collect personally identifiable information (such as name, title, company name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address) that you voluntarily provide through our website or e-mail correspondence. Our host web server tracks and collects general information about the visits to our Web site. While IP addresses (the Internet address of a computer) are logged to track a user’s session, the user remains anonymous. We analyze this data for certain trends and statistics, such as which parts of our site users are visiting, how long they spend there, the visitors’ domain names and what countries those requests come from. We do not link your IP addresses to anything personally identifiable to you. We will collect general information (such as the type of browser you use and the files you request) to improve our Web site and better meet your needs.
Use of Information
The information you supply will be used by RTC to respond to your inquiries, supply you with requested information on RTC products and services, or track orders you place with Old Republic National Title Insurance Company. Authorized third parties may be utilized by RTC to collect, track and process such information. If you have submitted personal information to RTC electronically and would like it removed or modified, please contact us at email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
Other Important Information
The RTC Web site may contain links to other sites. We do not endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those sites.
Because RTC considers the individual information we maintain to be confidential, our policy is to disclose no personal information to third parties unless release is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or government investigations or proceedings.
Agreement to Terms and Our Right to Modify Terms